Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Grannys Restaurant

Today the Hambones came from near and far to break bread together at Grannys Restaurant on Sheridan Drive in Tonawanda.  I have been to a lot of Greek Restaurants all around the world, but in my opinion this has to be the worst I have ever been to. I don't know who wrote all those reviews on the yelp page but I think they must have their taste buds in their asses. Greasy Spoon supreme. If I had a place  and served food this bad; and said I used my Grannys recipes, I'm sure she would come back from the world beyond and slap the crap out of me.

I sat down next to Ricky and he said he ordered the Texas Red Hots, a staple of the Greek restaurants everywhere. I followed suit but when his plate came I noticed he was giving it sideways glances.  I took a look and sure as hell they took some kind of canned tomato chili and literally dumped it all over the hot dogs and the plate. No chopped raw onions no mustard...just this drek sauce.

Mine arrived and it was worse, it that is possible...the plate was covered with this shitty sauce and the rolls were STALE...Not toasted but STALE. To add insult to injury, I had ordered home fries. Evidently this cook and owner must believe that there are people starving in Macedonia because the potatoes were scraps and remnants of potatoes from breakfast that should have been thrown out. To make it worse, if that is possible, the cook covered these scraps of potatoes with onions that had sat in grease on the griddle since breakfast. One oily and unappetizing mess...Even the $4.00 glass of diet Pepsi couldn't help get rid of the oily taste from my mouth. YUCK!

Only the chicken soup was worse. The broth had little or no taste...the chicken must have been washed in the broth water and there was no sighting of any scraps of chicken in the bowl. There was about 3 microscopic pieces of carrot and that was it...Peter, you were lucky not to be there although YJ said the Tuna was good but how can you screw up a tuna sandwich? You can tell JYV that there is lots of parking but I have to ask ...Why would anyone eat there.

Stopped at Tim Hortons after leaving and had a sandwich there and that was up to Tim's usual quality standard