Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The DX 40 Transmitter

Some time ago I contacted Burt K1OIK and purchased a DX 40 Transmitter from him. It is a lovely radio but like many heathkits they need a lot of TLC as they are getting very old. The one that Burt sent me was in nice condition and we gave it a through going over. We re soldered, changed a few tubes and did some paint work on it and here it is working really well now.
I also got a VF-1 VFO that we are still working on. Again, we changes out the caps, checked and replaced tubes and it amazes me what a coat of clear coat can do for the face plate of a radio. I am very happy with this radio Burt, thanks for your help in locating one.

I'm presently Rockbound as we are now working on the VFO.

Here is how it looks today:

Original Condition

VF1 VFO 
Interior Cleaning


Homemade Meter Washers
Clear Coated Faceplater
Finished